St. Paul's originally known as The Olde Forest Church, was established in 1773 on the site of the present church. William Demour, a Swedish minister, erected this meeting house that flourished under the Methodist circuit riders of that time. Some notable people who worshiped at Olde Forest were Bishop Francis Asbury and George Clymer, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
In 1858, the present church structure was built after the congregation outgrew the small chapel. in 1970, the new social hall and Sunday school addition was dedicated. A new addition with an elevator was completed in 2001 and St. Paul's continues to flourish.
We believe that the door to salvation is always open and so are the doors to our church. Our mission is to be fully devoted to Jesus by opening our arms to those in search of the truth. We show God’s love and concern for our fellow man at every opportunity. Through works of charity and opening our doors to listen and love, we feel that we are walking in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.
Lou Hornberger is the current Pastor of St. Paul's UMC Geigertown.
Come and worship in the third oldest Methodist Church in America!